Sunday 17 August 2014

home work



I made a three course meal on Saturday .The menu was;
Starter  --  Garlic bread.
I crushed five garlic cloves under a big kitchen knife and chopped up parsley and butter.I softened the butter then but the garlic in. Then I spread it on to the bread and  put it into the sandwich toaster  so it could melt the butter in to the bread then I put the parsley on the top of the bread then put it into the toaster again that was how I made the garlic bread.
Main course -- Spaghetti Bolognaise
First I got the mince out and browned it in the frying pan.Then I put the crushed  garlic and onion into the frying pan with some  tomato puree and mixed it all together.
I cooked some wholemeal spaghetti and some gluten free spaghetti in salted water,in separate pans.
I then served the Bolognese with both wholemeal or gluten free spaghetti.
We had a lemon and lime fizzy drink with our meal.

Dessert -- Lemon cake.
This is the recipe for the lemon cake,which is one of my favourites.
120 grams butter, softened
1 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup Chelsea White Sugar
2 large eggs
4 Tbsp milk
grated rind and juice of one lemon

Topping:
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup Chelsea White Sugar
few Tbsp boiling water (to dissolve sugar)

Method

Preheat oven to 180˚C.
Grease and line a square 18cm baking tin.
Put all cake ingredients together in a food processor, in order above and process for 15 seconds.
Pour mixture into tin and bake for 20-25 mins.

For topping - mix the lemon juice, sugar and boiling water together. This should be runny. Spoon topping onto cake while hot. Leave in tin before turning out when cool.

*This recipe can also be made with electric hand mixers. Place all cake ingredients in a bowl in the stated order and mix until combined.
This recipe has not been tested by Chelsea sugar 
I think I put too much butter in because it was too heavy and tasted of butter but it was still nice.

Comments on the meal from the family.
The garlic bread was fantastic and scored 10 out of 10
The spaghetti bolognaise was tasty but maybe was cooked a little bit too long which made it a little dry,I could have added a bit more water or tomato puree to the frying pan. It was scored 8 out of 10 by all the family.
The lemon cake was a bit heavy and didn't rise enough and they said they could taste the butter. They scored it 7 out of 10.






No comments:

Post a Comment